Braised spicy chicken is Korean famous chicken cuisine. As its name, it is cooked with red pepper powder and chili pepper, the taste is quite hot for the people who are not used to eat spicy food (but I like it).
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 50 minutes
-1 Lb Chicken drumsticks
-3 King oyster mushrooms
-2 Chili peppers
-1 Bunch of Green onion
– 4 Tbs Soy sauce
– 3 Tbs Red pepper powder
– 3 Tbs Sugar
– 1 Tbs minced garlic
– Pinch of ground black pepper
– 1 Tbs Vinegar
1. Cut the vegetables properly
2. Lins drumsticks of chicken carefully to remove its ripid
3. Cut the surface of drumsticks thick part to season well
4. Put it into a water* filled pot with sugar and sequently skim the fat on the surface of water
5. Put vegetables in pot. After it boils, season it with soy sauce, red pepper powder, minced garlic, black pepper, and vinegar.
* do not put the lid
6. When it cooked properly, put mushrooms, green onions, and chili peppers.
7. Boil it with low heat until
I used water from washing rice instead of normal tap water
for this cook. Water from washing rice gives beneficail nutrients of rice and makes its deep taste.
The taste is exactly what I expected.